Sri Mata Amritanandamayi devi
Chairperson, Amrita International Vidyalayam
A renowned humanitarian leader and spiritual teacher, Sri Mata Amritanandamayi is the guiding light of Amrita International Vidyalayam. Amma’s concept of education, stress on research and commitment to instilling universal values have come together to shape Amrita International Vidyalayam into an institution where the latest advancements and discoveries combine with compassion and service-mindedness.
The school aims to provide value-based education through a holistic learning system that is learner-centered in nature and to lead the young minds towards progress and prosperity as well as equip themselves with an ardent desire to extend selfless service to create a peaceful community, one complementing the other. The rigor of the curriculum and the engagement of learners will make them lifelong learners and propel them towards wisdom
We envision a world that is cloaked in the strength of knowledge that is able to discriminate. We envision a system, which is a healthy breeding ground for the sprouting, culturing and dissemination of the whole gamut of knowledge in a wholesome and holistic manner for the well-being of mankind. We envision a human being empowered with wholesome knowledge, which makes him an enabler and facilitator in the deep search and striving of every human being for that knowledge. We train our learners to be a part of that world by providing a student centric learning. We envision a methodology where there is a great inter play and exchange of ideas, thoughts, feelings and actions which develop people empowered with noble character, and wholesome values. Our learners will be exposed to the attitudes and skills that they will need to become a responsible citizen of the world through a broad based curriculum and engagement in global matters.
Our Chair Person, the world-renowned humanitarian leader, Her Holiness Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, popularly known as AMMA or The Hugging Saint, wants children to have an education that helps them to develop physically, mentally, socially and spiritually. It is also crucial that they are exposed to India’s vibrant, ancient culture, and are made aware of their inner potential.
The school has the following objectives:
- Provide an education that ensures holistic development and prepare students for life.
- Create good leaders and responsible citizens
- Provide students with a positive, stimulating, and caring environment that encourages the fulfilment of individual potential and the growth of self-esteem in academic, social, and personal areas.
- To nurture a learning that is based on discovery and remains experiential so that students excel in conventional academic demands, explore and discover the interconnectivity of disciplines and become explorers of knowledge and self-awareness.
- Promote a conscious, responsible and independent participation of students in collaborative activities.
- Help acquire behaviors entailing acceptance, respect, solidarity with others in the school community and in a multicultural society.
- To create a sense of environmental awareness and humanitarian issues so that the young minds are kindled to get involved in environmental issues and global concerns.
- To conduct periodic review of all programs and procedures to ensure consistency and improvement in line with the ideals mentioned in the Mission statement.
- To provide opportunities to young learners for a guided, constructive and age-appropriate use of technology and resources throughout the academic program.
- To introduce appropriate teaching strategies incorporating the latest technology to facilitate diverse learning styles and to cater to the intelligence quotient and emotional quotient of each child.
We remain an International school
- By maintaining a global perspective working from the Indian sub-continent in Asia-Pacific.
- By nurturing a multicultural society represented by its staff and students.
- By upholding a secular perspective while allowing spiritual values to be guiding it.
- By offering and international curriculum
- By bringing in an ambience of cultural sensitivity and acceptance.